VIP UPGRADES

January 2, 2013

Please post about your VIP experiences!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Durham NC VIP Experience

October 29, 2012

Update. As of October 29, no poster. Took about 4 days for them to post the pictures that they said would be up the next day. Once again, the band was great and it seems the problems are with this vip company.

2. Re: VIP PICTURES

October 29, 2012

Definitely fake signatures...and a 2 month wait to get them. Take a look at the other posts under the VIP section. I've posted all of the details and pictures you can refer to and see the clear difference in writing.

3. tyler texas VIP package oct 28th, 2012

October 30, 2012

well i got my VIP package. here is what i would like to share with others buying one.
    1. tickets were not on time. everyone with the VIP package had to wait a little over an hour what the email the sent us said it would be. while regular tickets and other will call tickets were handed out in a timely and immediate fashion we stood around waiting.
    2. there was no early entrance, crowd free shopping
    3. my $250.00 got me a seat to the side of the stage in the 23 row!!! WTF!!!
    4. the meet and greet was what i expected. these guys are on tour and tired and busy and need to get to the next town. i've been on MANY international tours with bands myself. i know how it is so i wasn't too worried about not getting to interact with the band. i feel weird cozying up to strangers anyway. but i did want my photo which is the main reason i bought the whole package. well i just downloaded it and its out of focus. no second chances for this. they rush you through and don't check to see if its in focus or not. the one thing i wanted out of this whole package was botched by someone who can't take a photo.
    5. i really didnt care about the lithograph with the automated signatures. so i don't really have anything to say about that when and if it arrives. i'm not an autograph hound and i'll probably give it to my uncle.
    to sum it up i would say dont waste the money and if you do take your own camera and have someone shoot you with the band at the same time. they said not to do this but i really wish i would have.

4. RE: tyler texas VIP package oct 28th, 2012

November 4, 2012

so yet another person got ripped off and didn't get what they paid.

5. Autographed Posters...Real of Fake??

November 4, 2012

Can people post pictures of the autographed posters they got? I can't figure out how to get my picture uploaded on here. I think there are a lot of fake autograph posters being sent out.

6. Re: Durham NC VIP Experience

November 8, 2012

I appreciate the info about the VIP package. I have never bought a meet and greet photo session, and I think I'll pass on this one. I really just want to enjoy the concert, and not get stressed out about the other stuff. It sounds like the concert is great. Thank you.

7. Re: tyler texas VIP package oct 28th, 2012

November 9, 2012

You got your photo! I stood there and waited like a dumbass just to see the band walk away.
    This could not be explained by the same guy who could not focus your pic. very sad that I drove 600 miles to "hang out" with that lil o band from from Texas. My best friend won the Pura Vida contest on Facebook. This was a joke from beginning to end. Damn good show and excellent seats. Not my first rodeo. Jacksonville Tx National Guard armory building 1971 Zee Zee Top pillow concert. Wagstaff gym TJC campus Tarrant County Convention Center when the stage was shape like Texas with Live animals( Buffalo,Texas Longhorn,buzzard and Rattlesnake) Lucy you got some splanning to do!

8. Zap avatar Zap

If you live in NC and get a lithograph with fake autographs, you do have a legal recourse..

November 10, 2012

It's very obvious from the post here, the complaints filed with the BBB and my personal experience that Ground Control systematically engages in fraud and deception.

If you live in NC and get a litho with fake autographs you might want to read this: http://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_97/gs_97-88.2.html

9. Re: If you live in NC and get a lithograph with fake autographs, you do have a legal recourse..

November 10, 2012

Where did you look that up at? I live in Iowa and got fake signatures. I have been on here and Dusty's FB page raising as much hell as possible. Finally Ground Control responded to me saying they would request a new poster be sent to me. It should be here today or early next week. If it is the same fake autographs, I am considering taking legal action for fraud. I think there aren't enough people that even looked up their signatures to know how they should look. I knew the second I pulled the poster out of the shipping tube.

Any information regarding filing with BBB or legal actions would be most helpful.

10. Zap avatar Zap

Re: If you live in NC and get a lithograph with fake autographs, you do have a legal recourse..

November 10, 2012

Here's the link to the BBB page: http://www.bbb.org/northeast-california/business-reviews/ticket-sales-events/groundctrl-in-sacramento-ca-47008691

For your state's fraud laws, just Google Iowa+fraud+general statutes

This company is a bunch of snake oil salesmen and I look for them to either go out of business or be shut down by state Attorneys General.

11. When do you get your meet and greet instructions

November 14, 2012

A buddy and I purchased 2 VIP tickets for the Dec 8 AZ show and were advised that tickets will be at will call. I have no info on what to do for the meet and greet/photo session. No details were provided on my email confirmation? Can anyone advise how they were advised about this? The reviews I'm reading from VIP's are scary. Just want to see a great show (have no doubts about that) and have photo taken with one of my favorite bands. A quick hello conversation would be awesome too but I understand the boys probably get tired of doing this after a long tour. Don't care about the autographs but fake autographs are just insulting and should be discountinued if that is happening.

12. Moderator

Re: When do you get your meet and greet instructions

November 14, 2012

You'll be receiving an email roughly 24-48 hours before the event to tell you when and where to meet your VIP coordinator. Have a great time!

13. Re: When do you get your meet and greet instructions

November 14, 2012

Thank you.

14. Re: When do you get your meet and greet instructions

November 15, 2012

Let us know how you went!!!
    Craigo

15. Re: When do you get your meet and greet instructions

November 16, 2012

Look up ZZ Top signatures on Ebay so you know what they look like. Seems like they are sending out a bunch of fakes that look nothing like the real signatures. I have been calling in and fighting with them, cuz they sent me a fake and don't want to own up to it.

16. Re: Autographed Posters Don't Look Legit!!

November 16, 2012

After 5 months and about 25 phone calls to GC, they finally sent me a new poster that isn't fake signatures. They won't own up to the fact that they were sending out fakes, but at least I finally got what I paid for. Do yourselves a favor and look at your signatures compared to the ones online. If you got one with silver names that just say BFG, Dusty, Frank then you got hosed...And you need to keep calling in til they get you a real one.

17. Re: If you live in NC and get a lithograph with fake autographs, you do have a legal recourse..

November 16, 2012

Finally got them to send me a poster actually signed by the band, but they still don't own up to sending out fakes.

18. RE: If you live in NC and get a lithograph with fake autographs, you do have a legal recourse..

November 16, 2012

Has anyone who attended the Durham show even received a poster? I sure have not.

19. Zap avatar Zap

Re: If you live in NC and get a lithograph with fake autographs, you do have a legal recourse..

November 17, 2012

I haven't gotten mine yet. I just filed another support ticket with them, which I don't expect anything to come from it .. but, my next step is to file a complaint with the NC Attorney General's office.

This company is no more than a group of con men trying to get all the money they can before they are shut down.

20. VIP Tour did not get autographs

November 18, 2012

We had three in our party and bought the most expensive tickets for the VIP tour. BEWARE because none of us have received our signed lithograph and our VIP host will not answer or return our calls. It has been months now and we have given up on getting them by now. We don't really know who else to contact because there is no contact information on the website. I love ZZ Top, but very disappointed in how this went down.