VIP UPGRADES

January 2, 2013

Please post about your VIP experiences!

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: VIP Tour did not get autographs

November 18, 2012

877-GND-CTRL...last i heard, they said the posters wouldn be sent out til the tour was over. I went to a show earlier in the tour and it took 2 months to get my poster...and it was obviously fake signatures. So then it took another 3 months of arguing with Ground Control, who denied that they were fakes when they didn't look remotely close, to get a new poster sent.

Good luck

2. Moderator

Re: If you live in NC and get a lithograph with fake autographs, you do have a legal recourse..

November 19, 2012

Posters will be sent once we receive them from the guys on the road. If you need to contact us, you can do so by visiting http://support.groundctrl.com or call 877-GND-CTRL (M-F 7am-6pm PST).

3. Zap avatar Zap

Re: If you live in NC and get a lithograph with fake autographs, you do have a legal recourse..

November 20, 2012

WADE[CTRL] >>>> I have heard excuse after excuse, lie after lie. Calling support is like peeing in the ocean, it won't accomplish anything.

Why don't you guys just do the right thing and get the lithos autographed and shipped. Mine was supposed to be shipped 10/5/12.

4. Re: VIP Tour did not get autographs

November 28, 2012

i still have not recieved my posters from the concert i went to it bullshit we shoulda gottem that night itwas a great show but come false advertisement i called them 20 times message em still no poster least you got something i d be happy to just get aposter

5. Re: VIP Tour did not get autographs

December 6, 2012

be sure to look at the other threads in this forum and complain to the better business bureau about the fraud. Ground Control is commiting this same fraud with other bands. The autographs are fake and mechanically reproduced.
    http://www.bbb.org/northeast-california/business-reviews/ticket-sales-events/groundctrl-in-sacramento-ca-47008691/complaints

6. Re: When do you get your meet and greet instructions

December 6, 2012

be sure to look at the other threads in this forum and complain to the better business bureau about the fraud. Ground Control is commiting this same fraud with other bands. The autographs are fake and mechanically reproduced.
    http://www.bbb.org/northeast-california/business-reviews/ticket-sales-events/groundctrl-in-sacramento-ca-47008691/complaints

7. Possibility on getting money back from V.I.P

December 9, 2012

Hello! The way I am going to combat the issues with the V.I.P according to my credit card company is to challenge the charge through your card (and pay pal) based on the fact the litho is not delivered at the time of the meet and greet. Since ground control does not say anywhere in the description of the package that the litho will not be given to you at the time of the M&G this falls under the categorie of the goods that were promised and advertised were not given and this makes the charge challengeable. I will post how this goes for me but I will urge to all disgusted by ground control to take the same route. There is strength in numbers and if enough complaints come in they will not be able to do business on pay pal.

8. RE: Possibility on getting money back from V.I.P

December 9, 2012

Have you contacted Ground Control directly? That's what I did and I got 50% refund which is what I asked for. For what it's worth, the band will sign stuff if you catch them at hotels, airports, etc. Not sure why they won't sign in person for people who actually pay for it.

9. Re: When do you get your meet and greet instructions

December 11, 2012

The boys put on a great show and my 4th row center stage seats were perfect! The meet and great part of the deal was BAD and not worth the extra money. The meet and greet should be named "band photo". The band's handlers said "DO NOT touch" (very understandable but a handshake would have been nice) and "DO NOT speak" to the band. They had each group line up single file and move behind the band for your photo like an assembly line. No slight acknowledgment of the die hard fans was a bit dissapointing. I don't think a quick hello and 15 second exchange of words with the band is unreasonable as long as you are respectuful. A 5-10 minute Q&A after the show would have been really cool for the fans, but no such luck. This is not a meet and great, it is just a quick photo op with the band. I don't blame the band but meet and greet is an inaccurate description of what you get for the extra money. Save yourself money and dissapointment and just purchase concert tickets and enjoy the awesome show. Everything else is aggrevating and takes away your joy of their music.

10. Re: When do you get your meet and greet instructions

December 11, 2012

be sure to spread the word of fraud on their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ground-ctrl-complaints/204192202951332#!/groundctrl?fref=ts

11. AZ Meet and Greets

December 16, 2012

Anyone else starting to wonder where the heck the Phoenix and Tucson M&G pictures are?

12. Re: AZ Meet and Greets

December 16, 2012

I've been checking everyday. Did'nt the camera man say we would receive an email a few days after the concert? And what about the autographed lithographs?

13. Re: AZ Meet and Greets

December 16, 2012

He did. I'm starting to wonder if they lost the photos. Every other M&G had the photos posted the next day or two days later. It's been a week now for Tucson and even longer for Phoenix. I sent an e-mail inquiring about the lithographs and they said the band sat down to autograph a bunch after the tour and they would be sent out first to those that have been waiting the longest. I know it's not the band, but I'd sure take a close look at the people handling these things because this is VERY bad form. I've never experienced this with ANY other bands.

14. Re: AZ Meet and Greets

December 17, 2012

Took me 2 months after my show to get the lithographs...and they had fake signatures on them. Read the other posts from the VIP Forum about the posters and look up their signatures to make sure that you don't get fakes. Ground Control has been horrible. I spent 3 months arguing with them about the posters and they kept saying that they were legit and that "Billy had told the guys they need to clean up their signatures for the fans" (BS!!!). After about 50 posts, posting on Dusty's facebook, and mentioning "class action lawsuit", the jerks at GC finally contacted me and got me a new poster (with real autographs) to shut me up.

Just saying, check the signatures when you finally get your poster. The fake ones were in silver and all looked clean and sectretarial. A simple ebay search for their autograph memorabilia will give you a good idea of what they look like.

GC Sucks!!

15. Re: AZ Meet and Greets

December 17, 2012

It has been over a week, how hard is it to post photo's?!!! GC is one messed up organization based on my limited experience and that of others. I enjoyed the show but the Meet & Greet was a let down. Hopefully the photo's will be good and the boys look like they wanted to be in the photo.

16. Moderator

Re: AZ Meet and Greets

December 18, 2012

Thanks for your patience everyone. Once the VIP coordinator is able to send us the pictures, they will be uploaded. When this happens, we'll send out an email to everyone with the direct link.

17. Re: AZ Meet and Greets

December 20, 2012

Got the photo's and they look great. I'm happy!

18. Amarillo Texas VIP

December 31, 2012

Had the VIP package in Amarillo back in Oct. still have not recieved my autographed poster and from other posts on this board am beginning to doubt I will. Although I enjoyed myself and the band was friendly the expirience as a whole was disappointing and rushed. I think the fans deserve better than this.

19. Zap avatar Zap

Re: VIP UPGRADES

January 5, 2013

I got a lithograph this week. I've been comparing the signatures to authenticated ones on the web and the autographs look real but with Ground Control, who knows. I will post a photo later today to see what others think.

This was from the Durham, NC show back in October 2012

20. Re: VIP UPGRADES

January 7, 2013

Does anyone else find it strange that ALL other threads in this section are now gone ? There were a lot more threads with complaints about the fake autographs. Hopefully others have taken screen shots too, before it disappeared.