VIP UPGRADES

January 2, 2013

Please post about your VIP experiences!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Durham NC VIP Experience

October 12, 2012

Different city, same experience. Ticket process went smoothly; Great seats; Show was awesome; The guys could not have been cooler or more friendly.

That being said, I have to take exception with one of your observations. I like to picture Dusty more as a loving uncle; or maybe even just an older brother.

2. Zap avatar Zap

Re: Durham NC VIP Experience

October 14, 2012

Show was great but the Meet and Greet was slack. We were rushed thru the photo op very quickly. In defense of the band, it was their handlers that were doing the rushing.

For $250 I would have expected a more laid back, take your time atmosphere.

Again, it was the handlers doing the rushing, not the band.

dave

3. Re: Durham NC VIP Experience

October 17, 2012

Boy, after reading several negatives on the VIP experience, I sure hope our Sugarland experience is a much better one this weekend. Paying $1000 for a family of four to attend is a lot of money, especially if the boys don't live up to what's promised. If the handlers can't manage this, they need to dedicate more time to the whole event experience. Let's do it right folks!

4. Re: Durham NC VIP Experience

October 17, 2012

Line up individually and scatter from your group or they will group all 4 of you in a single pose. It's one photo with band per order...not one pose per each pass holder.

5. Re: Autographed Posters Don't Look Legit!!

October 19, 2012

Mike, glad you didn't waste your money like we did.

6. Zap avatar Zap

VIP upgrades and Meet and Greet.. Save your money..

October 19, 2012

I bought the VIP upgrade for the Durham, NC October 10th show. It was a big screw up from day 1. GroundCtrl, the company the sells and handles these events, is the most incompetent company I've dealt with in a long time.

The Meet and Greet was a joke. When I meet and greet someone I shake hands and say "hi, how ya doing?"

The band members stood shoulder to shoulder, so you had to stand behind them or try to wiggle your way in between them, no handshakes, not a word from any of them. The second you stepped up to the band, the photographer was "1, 2, 3, flash, next ! Just like cattle.

I have still not received my lithograph which I was told would be shipped October 8th.. today is October 19th.

To Dusty, Frank and Billy, if you see this please remember you've stood the test of time and become rock icons for 2 reasons; because you're good and because WE, the fans, have bought your records and CD's and requested your songs on the radio all these years.

Thx,

Dave

7. Zap avatar Zap

Re: VIP upgrades and Meet and Greet.. Save your money..

October 19, 2012

Update: This is what customer service wrote when I inquired about my lithograph:

Thank you for contacting ground(ctrl) support. The lithos are on tour with the band right now and they are signing a batch of posters every night. Once the tour is over, those posters will be sent to our warehouse and we will mail them out to all fans who have yet to receive their poster. Please let us know if you have moved or need an address change in the near future.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,
    ground(ctrl) Support

Now that right there is some real BS !

8. Zap avatar Zap

Re: Autographed Posters Don't Look Legit!!

October 19, 2012

Here's what they told me in reply to an e mail today:

Thank you for contacting ground(ctrl) support. The lithos are on tour with the band right now and they are signing a batch of posters every night. Once the tour is over, those posters will be sent to our warehouse and we will mail them out to all fans who have yet to receive their poster. Please let us know if you have moved or need an address change in the near future.

Have a great day!

Sincerely,
    ground(ctrl) Support

Now that's some BS.

Dave

9. Re: Autographed Posters Don't Look Legit!!

October 19, 2012

Yes, it's BS. They just need to fire up the autopen and forge a fresh batch. I'm fighting with citibank now about it.

10. Re: VIP upgrades and Meet and Greet.. Save your money..

October 19, 2012

The signatures will be fake anyway.

11. Re: Autographed Posters Don't Look Legit!!

October 19, 2012
  12. Zap avatar Zap

Re: VIP Headaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 20, 2012

I just filed my complaint with the BBB. I want a 50% refund. My next step is to contact the State Attorney General.

What ground(ctrl) is doing isn't just bad business practices, it's fraud which is a crime.

13. Zap avatar Zap

Re: Durham NC VIP Experience

October 20, 2012

I just filed my complaint with the BBB. I want a 50% refund. My next step is to contact the State Attorney General.

What ground(ctrl) is doing isn't just bad business practices, it's fraud which is a crime.

14. Re: Autographed Posters Don't Look Legit!!

October 20, 2012

I met Frank and Dusty on a flight a couple years ago and they signed my ticket for me. When I get my litho, I'm going to compare the signatures. I'm going to the show tonight, so am now prepared for what to expect / not to expect during the meet & greet. Wish I would have seen this thread before buying the package. Oh well.

I think they used the same auto-pen on the latest La Futura album release. I don't know if you did the pre-order with "signed" picture, t-shirt and CD, but the first thing I thought was that the silver sharpie signatures looked fake. The other thing was that the signatures were done over the wrong images. Dusty was signed over the silhouette of Billy, Billy signed over Frank and Frank signed over Dusty. It was a complete joke, but at least it was cheap and good value for the CD and t-shirt purchase.

I'm hoping the litho signatures I do get a legit, but I'm not holding my breath on this.

15. Re: Autographed Posters Don't Look Legit!!

October 20, 2012

One other thing to add to the discussion . . . the Merriam-Webster dictionary defines meet and greet as: "a reception at which a public figure (as a politician or rock star) socializes with press members and other guests". From what I have read in this and other forums, the band is not socializing with guests, so Ground Control may very well be in breach of contract. I'll let you know how my experience goes tonight.

16. Zap avatar Zap

Re: Autographed Posters Don't Look Legit!!

October 21, 2012

Very interested to hear how your "meet and greet" went ML.

Thanks,

dave

17. Re: Autographed Posters Don't Look Legit!!

October 22, 2012

It must not have gone well, as we are yet to have a report. Was he kidnapped?

18. VIP PICTURES

October 25, 2012

with all the negative reviews and possibility of never receiving a picture that i paid $250 for i was wondering if we are allowed to bring our own cameras? i would feel a lot better if maybe i could ask the person in line behind me to also take a picture while the so called inept woman who supposedly takes them does the same. any chance of this? the show i'm going to is this sunday oct. 28th and after reading these posts i'm worried. thanks, john

19. Re: VIP PICTURES

October 25, 2012

Just look at the camera and smile; You WILL get your picture!

20. Re: VIP PICTURES

October 26, 2012

and you WILL get fake signatures on you lithograph too. enjoy !