Signed Lithograph

August 21, 2012

Curious how or when we get these? If anyone has answers please share. Thanks!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Signed Lithograph

August 22, 2012

danmiller3 wrote:
    Yeah, I hate to break it to you...

You aint breaking anything to me...

2. Re: Signed Lithograph

August 22, 2012

That stinks though, what can be done about it? Im going to the show in Maine. If they hand us these I'm going to call them on it...

3. Re: Signed Lithograph

August 23, 2012

StuartSlate wrote:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Those sigs look...secretarial.

4. Re: Signed Lithograph

August 27, 2012

I am not sure how to upload a picture of my poster on this site but I just got it 8/27 from the 6/18 show in Des Moines. Signatures are all in silver like the pictures above. The only difference is the F in Frank is connected at the bottom (as if the pen was never lifted from the the vertical line to the horizontal line crossing it).

Not a single one of these look anything like the poster from earlier in the tour (http://www.zztop.com/forum/vip/1845511) nor any of the autographs that can be seen on Ebay or Google Images. I highly doubt that any of the signatures would pass PSA authentication.

I plan to call tomorrow and voice my concerns of the validity of any of the "autographs" but I'm guessing that they will just say "Those are the posters the band sent us". Seems like a bunch of BS...why wouldn't you give the VIPs posters on the spot? Too many questions and nobody will give an answer.

5. Re: Signed Lithograph

August 30, 2012

Please let me know what you find out. Im doing the VIP experience next week in Maine. If they pull the same thing (posters will be mailed) I'm going to pull this picture up on my phone and let em have it...

6. Re: Signed Lithograph

August 30, 2012

I talked with a girl at Ground Control yesterday for about 15 minutes. She explained that they had to wait for the band manager to send them the posters, which creates the delay for Ground Control getting them out to the VIPs. I explained to her the situation with the different signatures and advised her to check out these forum posts to see the pictures because anyone that looks at them can see that they aren't even close. She said that she was going to pass the message along to her superiors. Then she said that she didn't know what they could really do since they send out what they get from the band manager, so Ground Control assumes what they send to be authentic. I replied that I bought the VIP package from GC, therefore GC owes me the autographed poster I paid for. And it will be GC's responsibility to address this situation with the band manager. I don't know if they will follow through, so I plan to keep calling until I feel like they have addressed the situation and I get some answers.

If you are going to a show, there is a girl that kind of runs the Meet & Greet session and takes all the pictures. She will have you all in a group to explain the process before the band comes out. I suggest bringing this issue up to her while in front of the whole group. If enough people are aware of the situation, then maybe something will get done about it.

There is a new thread under the VIP section of the forum titled "Autograph Posters are Fake" that I have links to this thread with the picture of these posters as well as a link to an item on Ebay that was authenticated by PSA on 5/1/12. http://www.zztop.com/forum/vip/2103871

Please share this with any and everyone that you can. Hopefully we can get some resolve.
    Please follow up with any info you get from shows.

7. Re: Signed Lithograph

September 8, 2012

So Dan, what happened? Same thing in Boise on the 21st. We were told we'd get an email with the details. No email, no poster, guess I'm lucky I figured out where the photo was. Bullshit!

8. Re: Signed Lithograph

February 1, 2013

ALWIZARD2004 wrote:
    Still have not recieved mine from the 22 july Baton Rouge Show[/quote
    Came in Yesterday only took 6 months but better late than never Thanks ZZ Top for The Autographs but Ground Control needs to do a better job.!!!!

9. Re: Signed Lithograph

April 4, 2013

I have not returned to this site since I was shipped the OBVIOUS FAKED autographs of the band after last summer's VIP experience I had at Estero, Florida of which I then posted above in this thread.

I was later contacted by another member who told me that he was sent THREE PHONIES all signed exactly the same way - faked! That member asked for my personal information (which I provided) to be included in his remarks to the proper authorities in requesting that his/her fraudulent 'autographs' be made right.

I have not heard back from that person about any results gained by actions taken. However, I see now that it is well known and accepted that fake autographs were passed off as legit and sent to VIP experience ticket holders and that at least some have been made right.

I post again here that I know I was sent a litho with forged band signatures and demand that Ground Control make things right. I have just sent them an email stating the same. I will not support this band again if I am not made whole. Thank you. ZZ Top - get better management.

Steven

10. Re: Signed Lithograph

April 4, 2013

Ground (ctrl) - the event promoter and company that runs this website has deleted most of the treads regarding this issue. Thankfully, I have screen shots of the threads and the topics regarding this. This is not over.

11. RE: Signed Lithograph

April 8, 2013

Ground Control is jerking me off too. Once any of us left the meet and greet without a signed litho, they broke their contract to us (since it was not stated we would receive the litho's at a later date) If this drags on I am more than willing to gather all pissed off fans for a class action law suit. They are dead to rights.

12. Re: Signed Lithograph

April 28, 2013

i went to octber 5th 2012 still no poster but the show was awesome and so were the seats

13. Re: Signed Lithograph

April 30, 2013

Still havn't recieved mine from the Oct. Amarillo concert, very upsetting.
    Wildboomer
    A beer drinker with a guitar problem.

14. Re: Signed Lithograph

May 1, 2013

Hello

I am still waiting for my signed lithograph from Nov 8, 2012 in Ottawa.!!! I've had a couple of e-mails telling me that I will get iit soon... that was 4 months ago....

I hope the boys in the band are being made aware of this problem and will rectify it quickly. Too many fans here will not put up with this.

At the meet n greet I had the La Futura album to get signed and their handler wouldn't let me take it up to the guys when I got my picture taken..... there was only 12 people in our group ..... sure 3 signatures wouldn't have taken that long. I would grade this meet n greet 6 out of 10.

May 8th update....... called Matt at GC... left a message...no reply by phone or email... not lookin good.....damn

15. Re: Signed Lithograph

May 3, 2013

Went to the Aug 15th show & still have not received the poster.

16. Re: Signed Lithograph

May 21, 2013

Went to the Boise show in August of last year, but finally received my posters today. AND, they do look like authentic autographs. Hopefully everyone else is receiving them too.

17. Re: Signed Lithograph

May 21, 2013

We got our signed lithographs yesterday as well! We went to see ZZ Top on August 14,2012 at the Fox Theater in Bakersfield, Ca. Didn't think we were ever going to get them!

18. Re: Signed Lithograph

May 29, 2013

After attending the Cincinnati show on Sept 14th, I finally received the lithos on May 24th. It's good to see Ground Ctrl has taken the words "meet and greet" out of the VIP package and also are not offering any signed merchandise as a part of the package. At least now, people will know exactly what they are purchasing.

19. Re: Signed Lithograph

June 10, 2013

Went to the October 20, 2012 Concert in Sugar Land, Texas and
    got my 2 signed litographs June 7, 2013. They are signed in
    black sharpie and authenic in my opinion. Lesson learned though,
    won't ever do a VIP package again.

20. RE: Signed Lithograph

July 13, 2013

It is about a year ago now that some of us were sent phony band signatures on our lithos. Ground Control simply ignores my repeated written requests to make me whole by mailing me a litho with genuine ZZ Top autographs,

Anytime anyone likewise affected wants to proceed with further action let me know and be sure that I will participate in any group action pursued. Thank you.

Steven